In honour of it being throwback Thursday, I thought it would be fun to do the 90’s kid tag today! I enjoyed last weeks past beauty trends chat with #bbloggers so much and it made me giggle all night long!
To start us off, here’s a blurry screenshot of 90’s me rocking a cutesy bob, a classic 90’s Adidas track suit and some kind of medallion. Mr T hasn’t got nothing on me!
- Favourite Toy’s? When I was younger, I was literally OBSESSED with pound puppies. I used to buy them in Woolworths with my pocket money and I even had all of the videos. They were these cute little teddy dogs that had little places to sleep. I adored them. I also really loved Polly Pockets. The little shells with the teeny tiny Polly’s that got sucked up the Hoover! Now they’re so big that there’s just no adventure in the fact that Polly might be no more!
- Favourite Advert’s? I don’t really remember any adverts. Which is rubbish really.
- N’sync or Backstreet Boy’s? N’sync for sure!
- Weirdest Fashion Trend? Huggggeee flares. In bright colours.
- Favourite Collectable? Pokemon Cards. I had so many. My best achievement was getting a shiny charizard, which I was persuaded to swap for something else and then cried when I got home until I finally got it back again.
- Favourite Beanie Baby? My favourite is still misty the unicorn or chinook which is my birthday bear. He has Canadian maple leaves all over him.
- How Many Tamagotchi’s Did You Go Through? I had one, which I kept alive all through the summer holidays. The first day back at school I asked my dad to “pet sit” for me. I came back and it was dead. I was heart broken.
- Favourite Game System and Game? Super Nintendo! Had to be Mario or there was this amazing came called twinbee and something? You were like a round spaceship and you use to shoot and collect things. It was all brightly Fluro coloured and was A-mazing! I miss that game!
- Favourite Disney Channel Original Movie? Ummm is that like Mickey Mouse? If it is I guess fantasia is pretty amazing or the little mermaid. I loved her.
- Favourite Music Artist? I was a sucker for blue!
- Favourite Nick Jr. Show? Blue’s clue’s.
- Favourite Candy? Those longgggg red laces! I used to try and pull them apart bit by bit and if it broke the game was ruined.
- Favourite Game? Kurplunk! I had a chocolate version of that once. It was really cool, but it didn’t last long!
- Favourite McDonald’s Happy Meal Toy? I used to love going on holiday to France, they used to give out amazing happy meal toys that were better than England. I can’t even think of them off the top of my head. But they were so much better!
- Favourite Book? Oh gosh I had so many! I was that annoying girl at school who always read faster than the teacher could provide books and I always got to go on the special book van and pick some books for the class!
- Favourite Clothing Store? Tammy pretty much sums up 90’s fashion! Although I remember going to Cheshire oaks in the 90’s to buy clothes for a holiday and we went to nike and got mum and dad to buy us these like waistcoat, gilet things. They were horrible!!
- What Would You Watch When You Got Home From school? Hey Arthur!
- Favourite TV Show’s? Kenan and kel, (who loves orange soda?!) Sabrina the teenage witch, Power rangers, Sister Sister, Clarissa explains it all,
This post has definitely made my bus journey a little more enjoyable and I’m smiling down memory lane all over again!
If you are a 90s kid I tag YOU to carry the 90’s kid tag on! It’s truly so much fun!
What is your favourite 90s memory?
Until Next Time