With 2016 now well and truly dusted, many of us will be putting it to the back of our minds and thinking of the months ahead. For me the start of this year means uncertainty, with no job, having moved back home and basically feeling back to square one. If you’re part of the I hate the new year new me philosophy, then look away now, because this post is all about my plans and goals ahead. Whilst 2016 may have been rocky, I’m about to grab 2017 by the balls and show it who’s boss.
So what’s the plan? Well here’s a few things I’d like to achieve by the time 2018 comes a knocking.
1. Find a New Job – Because something has to keep me in makeup and pay the bills. I love working, sounds lame, but when you have a Chronic illness the idea of not working pains you and you strive to be able to work everyday. I’ve always had a strong work ethic and so I can’t wait to get back into full time work and get back into the flow of things.
2. Move back to Shrewsbury – I love Shrewsbury; so it’s not a huge city and I basically feel like an old grandma for saying this, but I just love it. For socialising there’s nice restaurants, places to drink and plenty to do in walking distance. On weekends there’s plenty of countryside walks close by and it’s always felt like home. I can’t wait to hopefully move back there and get settled in.
3. Go to Iceland, the place, not the supermarket – first I will need to renew my passport, but when I do, I’m planning a trip to Iceland. It’s been on my travel bucket list for as long as I can remember and I haven’t been on a holiday in 3 years, so this year I’m going to save hard and take the leap and go on an adventure. Travel buddies apply within.
4. Learn to love myself. In 2016 I spent my time hating who I was. I constantly questioned everything I did, made myself feel bad for things I couldn’t control and by the end of it I genuinely hated my life and who I was. This year I’m going to take the time to appreciate myself, the things I’ve achieved so far in my life and to be honest, give myself a break!
5. Go on a makeup course – I want to learn to perfect my lines, learn how to do prosthetics properly and learn more. I’m a constant learner. If I’m not researching something or trying to gain a qualification in something, then am I even me?
6. Get organised with blogging – Slap dash just won’t do anymore, not if I want to take my passion seriously, so this year I plan to make schedules and stick to them as best as I can. I want to work harder than ever to bring content that you guys love and enjoy and hopefully in time my audience will grow with me.
7. Find love. Sounds a bit strange when you type it like that as it’s not something you can force to happen, but this year I’d like to be more open to the idea of it. Last year I was quite cynical, closed off and untrusting. This year i’d like to take a step back and go with the flow and see where things take me.
8. Start an art Journal – I’ve never been good at keeping diaries and I suppose a blog is a diary of sorts, but this year I’d like to let my creativity go wild and create an art Journal filled with quotes and sayings and stories I love. I’ve planned a whole blog post on this for later in the month so I’ll go more in detail then.
9. Learn to use my camera properly – I didn’t spend all that money to use my camera on auto for all these years, so this year I plan to sit down and actually learn how to use it properly.
10. Save for a vlogging camera and vlog more moments! I want to be able to look back in years to come and think wow, I did that and vlogs are a perfect way to do that. I always get a bit jealous when I see other peoples vlogs documenting moments of their life and I’d like to start one before it’s too late!
11. Find something to be thankful for every month – Whilst it may seem like a given, with all the doom and gloom in the world it’s easy to just focus on the negatives. So this year once a month I plan to think of something I’m grateful for.
Goals don’t have to be huge or life changing, they just have to be something you want to achieve. What are your goals for the new year?
Until Next Time
B xTags: Lifestyle