Heartbreak hurts and with valentines just around the corner, those feelings can be intensified. Whether you’re a V-day lover or V-day avoider, it truly becomes the day where love is all around; So if you’re trying to get over someone, it can feel about ten times worse. Here’s my top 10 tips for washing “that man right outta your hair” this Valentine’s Day.
1. Screw Valentines day and choose Galentines instead.
The 13th February marks Galentines days. Why not forgo Valentines all together, grab your besties and show them just how much you appreciate them instead.
2. Self care = Self LoveWhether this means getting a new hairstyle, having your nails done or treating yourself to a bath and face mask at home, give yourself some time and TLC.
3. Keep Busy.
There’s nothing worse than feeling lonely, so start a new hobby, make some fun plans and keep yourself busy. It will help keep your mind off things to stay active and you may even find that you have some fun.
4. Steer Clear of Tinder It may seem like a great idea for a confidence boost at the time and if that’s your thing, then crack on girl, but in my experience Tinder only seems to mask the problem and will leave you feeling empty when all is said and done. Come back later when you’re feeling refreshed and ready.
5. Buy something that makes you feel amazing.
Whether your budget stretches to a £1 face mask from Primark or those gorgeous shoes you’ve wanted for a while, treat yourself, you deserve it.6. Get a texting buddy
The hardest part of a breakup in this technological world is losing the person you messaged constantly. Find a friend who will act as your texting or calling best bud, so that every time you’re tempted to text the ex you take a different direction instead.
7. Make a list of things you want to achieve.
If you’ve been with a partner a long time, or lived with them, a break up can feel like a huge part of your life is missing. Write a list of all the things you want to achieve and how you might make those things possible. Use your new found freedom to try new things and create new dreams.
8. Make a list of things you’re thankful for.
I always find when I can’t see a way out of a rut, that writing a list of things I’m thankful for, makes me realise just how lucky I am.
9. Realise just how great you are.
Whatever the reason, when we go through a break up, it can leave us feeling like we’re not good enough, but I’m here to tell you right now that you are more than good enough, in fact you’re incredible. You just haven’t found the right person yet.
10. If all else fails, to quote my favourite tv show…
“It always feels like there is just one person in this world to love and then you find somebody else and it just feels crazy you were ever worried in the first place.”
Until Next Time